Persons Crimes Investigations
Victim Witness Coordinators
Victim Witness Coordinators (VWCs) work closely with Nampa Police Detectives in the Persons Crimes Unit on behalf of victims. The VWCs monitor the progress of the investigation and continuously update victims at various stages of the process. The Nampa Police Department recognizes the value of informed victims, and the VWCs work to educate and empower victims by referring them to services, such as crime victims compensation, counseling, safety planning and additional resources available.
VWC Mission Statement
In upholding the values of the Nampa Police Department, we are committed to providing consistent, professional victim centered services through thorough investigations. We realize the negative impact crime has on families and individuals, and take pride in enveloping crime victims with resources to help them cope with the trauma and aftermath of the crime that was committed to them.
Rights of Victims
- A crime victim, as defined by statute, has the following rights:
1. To be treated with fairness, respect, dignity and privacy throughout the
criminal justice process.
2. To timely disposition of the case.
3. To prior notification of trial court, appellate and parole sentence, incarceration
and release of the defendant.
4. To be present at all criminal justice proceedings.
5. To communicate with the prosecution.
6. To be heard, upon request, at all criminal justice proceedings considering a plea
of guilty, sentencing, incarceration or release of the defendant, unless manifest
injustice would result.
7. To restitution, as provided by law, from the person committing the offense that
caused the victim’s loss.
8. To refuse an interview, ex parte contact, or other request by the defendant, or
any other person acting on behalf of the defendant, unless such request is
authorized by law.
9. To read pre-sentence reports relating to the crime.
10. To the same rights in juvenile proceedings, where the offense is a felony if
committed by an adult, as guaranteed in this section, provided that access to
the social history report shall be determined by statue.
Online Victim Resources
Local Resources for Abuse Victims
Family Justice Center (Nampa)
Canyon County Prosecuting Attorney
Crime Victims Compensation
Victim Compensation Application -Financial assistance to pay for medical and counseling costs related to crimes against persons.
Domestic Violence Education/Resources
Child Abuse Education & Resources
Canyon County Jail Roster Current Arrests
Victim Link Sexual Assault Reporting
Seek Then Speak, Sexual Assault Reporting Information