Off-Street Parking Requirements
Off Street Parking and Loading
To view or download Title 10 Chapter 22 - Off Street Parking and Loading click here.
To view or download the Minimum Parking Lot Requirements diagram click here.
Required Off Street Parking Spaces: Required off street parking spaces (See Section 10-22-6 B for quantity) shall be provided for all zones except DH (in the DH zone only residential dwelling units require parking). Off street parking facilities shall be located on a respective development site(s) unless approved otherwise through a shared parking agreement as may be approved by the planning director or his/her designee in conjunction with plan review of a proposed project in accordance with section 10-22-4 of this chapter. Criteria in section 10-24-4 of this title shall be considered by the council when reviewing any variance request to allow required parking spaces to be located "off site." All required parking and drive aisle area located on site must be under the same ownership as the development site served.
Commercial/Office/University/Industrial Setback/Required Yard Intrusion: In any commercial, office, university or industrial district (or for a commercial, office, university related or industrial development), public or private parking areas (i.e., back up/maneuvering/drive aisle areas) or parking spaces are not and shall not be permitted in any required front yard setback. In any commercial, office, university or industrial district (or for a commercial, office, university related or industrial development), public or private parking areas (i.e., back up/maneuvering/drive aisle areas) or parking spaces are not and shall not be permitted nor in any required interior or rear yard (setback), except when: (Ord. 3960, 4-4-2011)
- Two (2) or more properties are combined into one development site project in which case no intervening setback/landscaping areas shall be required; or (Ord. 3835, 12-1-2008)
- Those parking areas or spaces abut an alley, provided that said parking areas, structures or spaces shall comply with the parking diagram respecting configuration (see section 10-1-18 of this title); or (Ord. 3960, 4-4-2011)
- Development of an off site, though perhaps abutting or adjoining, parking area is provided for a property. (As noted in subsection 10-22-1A of this chapter, the planning director or his/her designee, as appropriate, may grant approval for a shared or mixed parking arrangement per section 10-22-4 of this chapter.) The permission of an adjoining property owner(s) to be on an adjoining property howbeit under different ownership, management or control from the development site and a cross access easement approved by that property's owner must also be obtained. In such cases, connecting drive aisles shall be allowed to cross any intervening property line.
- Landscaping around the parking area/lot on the original development site itself shall still be required per standards in this chapter and chapter 33 of this title. The off site parking area must also otherwise comply with zoning setbacks and landscaping requirements applicable to that particular property.
- Access, service or other driveways (required to provide access to parking areas from streets, alleys or other drives) shall be allowed to cross or travel through interior yard setback areas. As noted above, required front yard setbacks shall not be otherwise intruded in by service drives, parking spaces or parking space back up/maneuvering areas except by variance approval by the city council.
- For further details on Nampa's Commercial Parking requirements see Chapter 22.