City Wait List
Hangar Wait List
Policy & Application Process
All parties interested in a City-owned hangar must complete the Wait List Application, and submit the application in writing with the appropriate deposit attached. The application includes current mailing address, telephone numbers, email address, and aircraft information.
If a partnership or corporation is intending to be the lessee, all partner’s names and/or the corporate name shall be listed on the application. Waiting list applicants are also required to select the size and type of hangar needed as identified on the wait list application.
A deposit is required for all wait list applications and for each list. The deposit will be applied to the first month’s rental payment once the applicant is placed in a hangar. Applicant’s being placed on more than one list may apply any additional deposits to the first month’s rental payment for a space that becomes available, unless they choose to maintain their position on the other lists.
Example: If an applicant paid $105 deposit for the t-hangar wait list and $60 for the shade hangar list and was placed in a shade hangar, the applicant would make a choice for the airport to credit either:
- $60 for the shade hangar and leave the $105 deposit for the t-hangar waiting list
- $165 for the shade hangar and remove the applicant from the t-hangar waiting list
There will be no refund of the deposit in the event that a hangar is refused, or if a response is not received within the 14 calendar day availability period as explained in the rules and regulations. If this is the case, the entire deposit will be forfeited to cover administrative fees. If the applicant withdraws from the list after the first 180 days and prior to being offered a hangar, the wait list deposit will be refunded, minus a processing fee. A written request to the airport administration is required for all withdrawals from the waiting list.
Example: If an applicant paid $105 for the t-hangar waiting list on April 10, 2007 and sent a written request to be deleted from the list:
- After October 10, 2007, a check would be issued to the applicant for $80 ($105 minus a processing fee of $25)
- On June 5, 2007, no check would be issued and the $105 would be forfeited
Each applicant will be charged an annual non-refundable administrative fee on October 1 of each year. The annual administrative fee will not be applied to the first months rent. If this fee is not paid by October 20 each year, the application will be considered invalid. The applicant will forfeit all rights to a refund of the original waiting list deposit and will be removed from the waiting list. The administrative fee for new applications received in the 45 days prior to the October 1 renewal date will be waived for the following year.
All correspondences will be done via U.S. mail. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide written notice of telephone number, address, or email changes and keep all information current.
Fees are approximately 70% of the rental fee of each unit.
Letter of Availability & Acceptance
When a hangar becomes available, the individuals at the top of the appropriate wait list will be sent a letter of availability notifying them of hangar availability. Within 14 calendar days of the postmark date of the letter, the applicant must respond in one of the following ways:
- Accept the hangar by entering into an airport rental agreement with Nampa Municipal Airport.
- Written refusal of the offer and opt to return to the bottom of the wait list. The seniority date will be changed to reflect the date of reapplication. A second refusal will result in a forfeited deposit and removal from the waiting list. Once an offer has been made the applicant cannot request a refund of the deposit.
- No response will result in the application being removed from the wait list with no further rights to hangar storage under that application; the deposit is forfeited.
Proof of Ownership
When the applicant accepts a hangar assignment, they will be required to show proof of ownership of the aircraft that will occupy the hangar. If the applicant does not own an aircraft at the time of assignment, they will be given 60 days to provide satisfactory documentation of ownership or will forfeit the hangar assignment.