NAMPA PLANNING AND ZONING DEPARTMENT
Planning and Zoning Information The City of Nampa Planning & Zoning Department (located in the Nampa Development Services Center, 500 12th Avenue South) is currently closed to the public .
APPLICATIONS & ASSISTANCE
Planning & Zoning staff will continue providing services through online services. Meetings, if needed, will be scheduled by appointment, or take place via virtual platform. Applications may continue to be submitted online or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call (208) 468-4430, or email email@example.com, for assistance.
PLANNING & ZONING PUBLIC MEETINGS
Planning & Zoning Commission and City Council meetings will continue to be held remotely and in-person; online participation is encouraged. Public hearings will be noticed as usual and will offer webinar testimony and distanced in-person testimony, if required. More information is available at https://cityofnampa.us/1334/Virtual-Public-Hearing-Instructions.
Current Planning and Zoning Application Information
For information about current applications being processed by the Planning and Zoning Department please navigate to the Agendas, Audio, Minutes, Notices, Staff Reports portion of the Agenda Center webpage and scroll down past the City Council to the Planning & Zoning Commission Section. Click on the date of an upcoming meeting to view the agenda and the associated Planning and Zoning Staff Reports (published the Thursday prior the meeting-hearing date). For previous meetings, on the top right click on the year and then select the meeting date to view the specific meeting minutes and the decisions made. Please contact the Department via email or phone for any further information or submit a Records Request via the Clerk’s Office.
Nampa Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plan Story Map
The Nampa Bike & Pedestrian Master Plan Story Map includes information on: 1) Introduction, 2) Vision + Goals, 3) Benefits of Walking + Biking, 4) Public Outreach, 5) Facility Types, and 6) Network Recommendations.
Frequently Requested Information
- Appeal Application
- Application Time Frames
- Comprehensive Plan
- Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use Map
- Minimum Parking Requirements
- Planning and Zoning Application Forms
- Planning and Zoning Fees
- Public Records Request
- Requests for Reconsideration of City Council Decisions on Planning and Zoning Applications
- Zoning Map
Our Mission is to make a safe, vibrant and economically sustainable community through wise growth management, including the use of smart growth principles based on Idaho Law, Nampa’s Comprehensive Plan
Our Vision is to guide the use and development of land to support the health, safety
- Annually review and amend the zoning and subdivision ordinances, and the comprehensive plan with emphasis on updates to promote smart growth.
- Advise the public, Planning and Zoning Commission, Mayor, City Council and department heads in planning & zoning matters.
- Coordinate and strengthen relationships with Canyon County in their planning and zoning efforts within the Nampa Area of City Impact.
- Assist in downtown revitalization efforts through participating in ongoing planning for the area.
- Assist in the economic and community development activities of the City of Nampa in every way possible.